They have also been supporting virtual events, and will continue to do so until June 30, 2024.
Priority is given to organizations that:
- serve a culturally diverse audience
- feature culturally diverse writers
- feature writers who have not previously presented at that venue
- present programs in rural or other underserved areas
- have not previously received R&W support (If an organization has received R&W funding in the past, we consider whether it has followed the grant guidelines and returned reports in a timely manner.)
- are able to match R&W's payment to the writer (not including in-kind contributions such as meals, lodging, and travel)
- have a publicity plan and/or strong publicity samples from past events.
Events must be open to the public, with the exception of events taking place in institutions such as correctional facilities and nursing homes.
There is no application deadline.
or find more literary project grants