Environmental Education Grants in Florida
The Sarasota Bay Estuary Grant Program provides funding to promote environmental education, awareness, community involvement, and stewardship to improve the overall quality of Sarasota Bay and its tributaries.
Priority will be given to projects that treat stormwater runoff through installation of green infrastructure projects.
Example projects include:
- Installing rain gardens and bioswales to filter runoff from parking lots, roads, and other impervious surfaces.
- Planting trees in highly paved urban areas.
- Diverting gutter downspouts from impervious surfaces to planter boxes, garden beds, or other permeable areas, or to rainwater harvesting systems like rain barrels and cisterns.
- Enhancing bay, creek, or pond shorelines with Florida native plants, including installing living shorelines and vegetated buffer zones.
- Replacing impervious areas like parking lots with pervious pavement or other sustainable solutions.
2024 Priority Issues are Nutrient Runoff and Accessibility.
The application deadline is March 1, 2024
or find more environmental education grants in Florida