The South Dakota Dental Foundation accepts grant applications bi-annually.
The Foundation provides financial support to the people, organizations and causes that advance the dental profession in South Dakota. Grants are awarded for:
- dental health projects for the underserved
- dental and auxiliary student activities and scholarships
- dental education programs for the dental professional and the public
- continuing education and promotion of professional ethics
- recruitment of dentists and dental students to South Dakota
Guidelines and Restrictions:
- The Board will closely scrutinize all proposals for discriminatory practices. Funding will be based on the needs of the individuals being served by the grant.
- The Board will give primary consideration to projects, programs and activities that support the mission of the Foundation.
- Commitments for funding will not be made beyond a single year.
- Funds will not be granted for political purposes.
- Funds will not be granted for goods already purchased, activities taking place before grant decisions are made, or deficit funding.
- Funds are not made for supporting conferences and special events (i.e. fundraising dinners).
- Funds are not made for supporting capital campaigns.
- Funds are not made for supporting organization budget shortfalls.
Applications are due April 1 and September 1. Awardees will be notified within 60 days of the application deadline.
Go directly to guidelines and application