Root-Pike WIN awards grants to a variety of community-based projects. Projects need to preserve, promote, and protect land and water resources in the Root-Pike Watershed.
Projects are evaluated based on the degree to which they:
* Meet Root-Pike WIN's mission and vision,
* Follow recommendations or best management practices from community agencies (SEWRPC, DNR, etc.),
* Protect unique environmental, archeological, or cultural areas
* Can be able to be duplicated throughout the watershed,
* Encourage partnerships and leverage resources,
* Balance a long-term focus with short-term results, and
* Promote excellence by fostering a sense of pride and identification in the watershed.
The application deadline is generally October 1, annually. Interested applicants should first contact the organization for an updated status on the grant program.
Go directly to guidelines and application