Dubois REC accepts applications for Operation Round Up grants quarterly.
Funding categories are:
Programs, projects and organizations that are important components of a community’s overall quality of life, with emphasis on public safety, health care, self-sufficiency, and basic human needs.
- Victim (abuse and crime) assistance programs
- Emergency rescue health care equipment and transportation services
- Local fire departments, rescue squads, law enforcement groups
- Local libraries
Programs and projects that enhance the cultural environment of communities in the local area
Education and Youth
- School and academic enrichment programs
- Programs and projects designed to combat critical social problems affecting our youth, with an emphasis on children and teens at risk.
- Programs and projects that promote youth wellness.
- No college scholarships will be awarded.
- Programs that promote community recycling and natural resource preservation.
- Community-based environmental quality education programs.
Eligible applicants include groups or organizations located within the Dubois REC service territory, which covers the counties of Dubois, Crawford, Perry, Pike, Orange and Martin. Contributions will generally be made only to not-for-profit organizations, governmental entities, school districts or colleges that have been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service 501(c) (3).
The next application period is May 1 to May 31, 2019