Charter Oak Federal Credit Union's Community Giving Grants Program is geared specifically to non-profit organizations that foster economic development and social well-being in both New London and Windham counties.
Grants from Charter Oak Federal Credit Union's Community Giving Grants Program provide funding to a variety of non-profit organizations.
Priority is given to initiatives supporting the following:
1. Education/Job Training - Programs or organizations helping people achieve their goals through education; such as adult literacy and job training programs.
2. Health Programs - Programs that provide direct service to the community; such as hospitals, community health programs, prevention programs and intervention services.
3. Human Services - Projects that enhance and improve the quality of personal life for the residents of communities in our field of membership; such as libraries, municipal programs, social services for families and children, and economic development initiatives.
4. Housing - Projects or organizations that expand home ownership opportunities and provide access to affordable housing within our communities.
5. Community Development/Revitalization - Projects or organizations that revitalize areas or develop areas, stimulating the local economy.
6. Arts - A wide range of cultural events including theatre, music and art programs that broaden the access to cultural activities and enrich the lives of people who live and work in the communities served by our credit union.
The quarterly review deadlines are: January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1
or find more grants for nonprofit organizations in Connecticut