The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Special Projects Grants committee is accepting grant applications to provide financial support to projects in local communities to promote historic preservation, education and patriotism.
Examples of grant funding available: Examples of the types of projects considered for grant funding include:
* Place a marker to honor an important figure or event in local history
* Digitize a community’s archival papers
* Donate books to a library or literacy program
* Publish a tourist booklet or other information about local history
* Erect a granite monument to veterans in a city park
* Install a flag pole at a new building or public place
The grants of $1000-2000 will be given priority with a cap of $10,000 for grant requests. Applicants will be required to match the grant award 1:1 in order to allow broader distribution of funds.
Grant applications must be postmarked on or before December 31, annually.
Go directly to guidelines and application