The Department of Arkansas Heritage makes grants available to help communities and organizations develop meaningful Heritage Month events and programs in their areas.
* Grants will be awarded in February for Heritage Month events to be held in May.
* Grant applications must reflect the current year’s theme.
* Grant awards require a 25 percent match, either in cash and/or in-kind.
* The project must occur during the month of May.
* The applicant must be a non-profit or not-for-profit organization.
* The applicant must not be an agency of local, county or state government. However, collaborative efforts, such as friends groups involving state agencies, are acceptable.
There is a new theme every year.
The application deadline is mid-December, annually.
Go directly to guidelines and application